Monday, September 1, 2014

LIVE Raw thoughts - September 1, 2014

10:35 - Alright, I'm heading to bed for the rest of the show (that is to say, I'm going to watch the rest of this show from my bed).  I'll tweet my thoughts for the rest of the night.

10:25 - So Corporate Kane IS fighting tonight?  That would probably explain why nobody sold the announcement that Demon Kane would be in the main event....but way to mess up a big match, Trips.

10:22 - By the way, I'm confused as to why Corporate Kane is being used in the graphic for tonight's main event.  Didn't Triple H quite clearly say that the "Demon Kane" would be competing tonight?

10:14 - I also hate this "Star & Goldust" thing.  It's not like their names are Star Dust and Gold Dust.  They're one word!

10:12 - So, what?  They had Jericho put over Wyatt in order to establish him as a main eventer....only to have Cena plow through him a little over a week later, so now Jericho has to put him over again?

10:05 - THANK GOD for AJ and Paige in that segment.  Although I sorta wish they would just keep the Bellas nonsense away from the Divas Championship angle, which has actually been entertaining.

10:03 - Is it me, or does Nikki hit the wrong word when she yells stuff?

9:54 - Really?  You're going to end the hour on Stephanie?  Talking about the Bellas, no less?  This is not making it easy to stick around for the last hour.

9:45 - I'm guessing this episode of Raw won't be making any "10 Hottest" lists.

9:37 - Is Adam Rose still undefeated?

9:31 - To be perfectly honest, this is a pretty rough Raw to get through.  I can't promise I'll make it to 11:15.  Especially if these Bella segments continue.

9:06 - Okay, so now can we agree to not show that match again for at least another month or so?

8:38 - So I'm guessing that report of Nikki getting heat backstage about that womb comment was BS?  Otherwise, why would they reshow it?

8:36 - While that ending DID make Ziggler look like an idiot (which they often do), I kinda got a kick out of it.

8:24 - I'll say it....this is the PERFECT way to use the Miz.  Love this version of his character.  And for what it's worth, I was one of the people who said he should NEVER turn face, even when he was gaining momentum as a heel.

8:17 - It's a VERY thin line, but I was okay with Triple H saying "the Demon Kane" because the "Corporate" and "Demon" prefix is an acknowledged method to differentiate between the two characters.  It just annoys me when they say it EVERY time.  Like, Kane is in a mask, we understand that it's the Demon Kane.  He's in a suit, we understand that he's Corporate Kane.  The way Triple H used it was the proper way to do it.

And for the love of God....how many times do we need to see Big Show/Mark Henry vs. Rowan/Harper?

8:04 - In fairness, Seth Rollins is more the sell out and Kane is more the suck up.

8:02 - Thank God the Authority came out.  Could you imagine anything more dull than Randy Orton, alone, on the Highlight Reel? Yikes.

Also, I detest how the announcers refer to Kane as "Corporate Kane."  Those sort of meta references don't work.

7:37 - And my birthday month begins!  Is summer REALLY over?  Anyway, let's give these LIVE Raw thoughts a shot, shall we?  Check back in about 20 minutes for the beginning of the show.

No comments: