Monday, July 26, 2010

LIVE Raw thoughts

11:04 - Well I was wrong with my prediction....this time. As I mentioned earlier, I like the way they've segmented the conflicts to specific pairs, and I hope they continue with those particular problems. Continue to build the tension between Cena/Jericho, Edge/Khali, and Morrison/Truth, until, just prior to SummerSlam, these groups become united. In the midst of a Nexus attack, Jericho comes to the aid of Cena. Edge rescues Khali. Morrison saves Truth. Have them go into SummerSlam as a united front.

Overall it was a good episode. Not quite as explosive as last week, but did a nice job of building the story.

10:56 - "Did you say the GM said 'if you're not down with that' in his e-mail? Do you know who's from San Antonio, Texas?" Yep, no references to Michaels allowed at all....

10:46 - By the way, nice continuity with Miz checking to make sure Sheamus was conscious before cashing in the briefcase. Next week (or next attempt) I foresee him looking around to make sure nobody is there to attack him.

10:36 - PREDICTION! In tonight's main event, everybody comes to the rescue of the person they're at odds with. Jericho saves Cena, Edge saves Khali, and Morrison saves R-Truth.

10:33 - Eh, John Morrison was kinda overreacting.

And c'mon people! The WrestleMania on NBC commercial practically centered on the Undertaker/HBK match!

10:28 - For those of you not aware, apparently John Morrison is growing a mustache. If Eli Cottonwood survives the next round of eliminations, JoMo will rock a mustache next week.

10:22 - Shawn Michaels appears pretty heavily in the Elimination Chamber DVD promo as well. Sure, it was produced weeks ago, but if this ban is as severe as it seems, you'd think they'd recut it.

10:21 - Told ya.

10:20 - Okay, that article is pretty long. Read it for a little bit then move on. Jillian's about to get beat up, I assume.

10:16 - During this commercial break, take a moment to read about the Double Rainbow guy:


9:54 - I hope this goes without saying, but WWE would be wise to have Nexus win without a single elimination on their team.

9:40 - It's pretty clever the way they're dividing up the 7 man team into separate stories (Edge and Khali, Jericho and Cena) otherwise they might spread themselves too thin. Khali's involvement is pretty curious, though. Doesn't Evan Bourne make far more sense? He had Cena's back since the beginning, and he's been on the receiving end of multiple Nexus attacks. And he's in the midst of a push. Even if Khali is removed tonight, and replaced by Bourne later in the night, I would still scratch my head and say, "Well why wasn't he asked to begin with?"

Oh, and the fact that the match is now elimination makes it even MORE awesome!

9:38 - For what it's worth, Shawn Michaels is featured pretty heavily in that Twix SummerSlam Rewind promo. I'm not sure I buy this whole "ban" thing.

9:29 - I'm really enjoying this Miz Money in the Bank bit, because he's the absolute perfect character for that role. And I honestly could see the roof absolutely exploding when he does finally pull through with the challenge (note I said the challenge, not actually winning the match). Sure, it runs the risk of getting old....but I for now it's keeping me entertained.

Oh, but I do have to wonder -- why would Miz go for the challenge after a single RKO? That's hardly a guaranteed victory.

9:20 - After last week's absolutely exhilarating episode of Raw, there was a lot weighing on this week's opening segment. Overall, I think they did an adequate job. However, I was a bit surprised they didn't involve Edge, who -- I would think -- would fit in perfectly with the egotistical and confrontational tone of the segment. Nonetheless, I don't particularly mind seeing them focusing on a Jericho/Cena uneasy alliance, perhaps leading into a feud next month.

Oh, and I still can't get used to the white ring ropes on Raw. It's jarring since NXT and Smackdown use their bright, trademark colors.

Check back at 9:00 for my LIVE Raw thoughts...


No comments: