Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dive Bar Shirt Club: King Pin


Well, it's that time of the month again -- yep, I received my newest Dive Bar Shirt Club t-shirt. And it might have even been delayed, as our mailman refused to deliver to our house due to all the ice on the driveway (which was impossible to remove). This month's bar comes from New Orleans, making me wonder if I had been to this place during my visit there several years back. Perhaps one of my friends might help me with that.

Oh, and there's another thing I'm noticing about these dive bars: Their websites suck. So, instead of just copying and pasting some information about it, I'm forced tor retype from the bulletin they provide. Here's what it had to say:

This Uptown bar celebrates the sounds that made the City of New Orleans, with special honors to the King of Rock 'N Roll. Imagine Elvis in a bowling shirt. The compact space is crammed with a fearless collection of retro relics that have been battered by time, and spiked with stuff that didn't have any other place to go. Some might call it kitsch but others get that faux leopard walls and straw trim are just more shades of the King. It's a perfect scene for laid-back amusements and a retreat from the Mardi Gras mindset. If you carve a little action you can fork over fifty cents for the long shuffleboard slide or stick it to the dartboard that looks like it's suffered through many years of pointed pricks.

King Pin: Website - Facebook

Dive Bar Shirt Club: http://www.divebarshirtclub.com/Default.asp



1 comment: