Saturday, December 24, 2011

True or False #2 - With Santa & Jesus (Christmas Edition)


It's only the second edition of True and False and I'm already getting gimmicky! I apologize, but with today being Christmas Eve (which, for almost all of my childhood, I preferred over Christmas because I got gifts that night, and still had gifts to look forward to the next day), this seemed like an acceptable exception. So, using an online Ask Santa and Ask Jesus feature, I present to you a special Christmas edition of True or False, featuring the very representations of the holiday, Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. Enjoy!


1. Between Santa and the Easter Bunny, Christians have an interesting way of celebrating the beginning and end of Jesus' life.

Santa: I think it looks very possible.

Jesus: "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." - John 15:2

2. You are the true representation and spirit of Christmas.

Santa: Are you sure you want to ask that question?

Jesus: "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:10

3. The Jesus/Santa fight on South Park was better than the one on American Dad.

Santa: Mrs. Claus says yes.

Jesus: "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you." - John 15:3

4. Beards, right?

Santa: Only with my Reindeer.

Jesus: "What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter." - John 13:7

5. At least one person will find this True or False offensive.

Santa: Everyone at the North Pole thinks so.

Jesus: "For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:20

6. Most readers won't find this offensive, but they won't find it very funny either.

Santa: Well, it looks promising.

Jesus: "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. " - John 14:7


Of course, my intent here is not to upset anybody so I hope you were able to enjoy this with your tongue firmly in your cheek. And no matter what your religious beliefs are, this holiday season often allows us the opportunity to spend time with family, friends, and other loved ones. Take advantage of this time. I wish the best to all of my visitors. Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: