Saturday, January 28, 2012

Technological Question

I have a question for anybody who knows more about this matter than I do.


I recently got a new TV which features significantly more input options than my last one. In the past, I just needed to hit the TV/Video button in order to view something on my DVD/VCR combo, opposed to the television. Now I need to hit the Input button, and select the "Video" option.

Anyway, when I wanted to record something on TV using my VCR (yeah, yeah) that wasn't a problem, because I assume the TV and DVD/VCR were on the same input. Now that they're not, how do I record something from my TV, onto my VCR? As it stands now, when I try, when I watch the tape there's just a screen that says there's no signal.

Anybody know?

2 comments:

Javier Rivera said...

You need to connect your cable/satellite box into the VCR and then connect the VCR to the TV, you probably won't get HDTV from the recording but at least you'll be able to record stuff, use A/V cables to connect to and from your VCR. Hope it helps.

Matt Basilo said...

You did it! That worked! Thank you sir!