Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Case of the.... Smallville - Episodes 9-16 & 9-17

"Let’s talk about Mr. Green…..in the bedroom…..with my cousin….”

That hilarious line, delivered perfectly by Lois Lane, comes from last week’s episode, titled “Escape.”

Since I didn’t get around to commenting on that episode, I thought I’d provide some quick thoughts. While it would be easy to write it off as “filler” – and in a sense, it was – I actually found it to be an extraordinarily fun, humorous, enjoyable episode. Clark and especially Chloe and Oliver have been so dark and dreary this season that it was legitimately wonderful seeing them display their playful side. And while we don’t see it often from them, these actors have extraordinary comedic timing. In addition to the quote above, I’m not sure there was anything funnier than seeing Clark and Oliver – two burly super heroes – sitting next to each other, uncomfortably close, as they awkwardly attempted to make small talk while Lois and Chloe were on the balcony.

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/04/10/smallville-episodes-9-16-9-17-review/



No comments: