Monday, October 25, 2010

LIVE Raw thoughts

11:09 - Sure, this wasn't a shocking ending, but sometimes that's a good thing. That just means the story makes sense. I did really enjoy the allusion to last night's event, where Cena attacked Barrett in order to get him the win. Count me intrigued! What do you think, though, are they ending this Cena in Nexus story too soon? Or is it best that they go out while they're still ahead?

11:03 - For a second there, I thought they were going to give Cena the completely clean win.

10:58 - Is there anything more annoying than hearing the Attitude Adjustment called "The AA"?

10:47 - I really think they missed the boat by not having John Cena wear the full Nexus gear.

10:32 - Actually, a Sheamus/Morrison feud would be fun. They had some good matches a few weeks ago on Raw.

10:30 - Why do R-Truth and Santino do the same split/duck move?

10:27 - What the hell is this guy talking about?

10:03 - Or I guess we'll see that epic Miz/Eve Torres feud...

9:59 - Heh, NOW I see why Miz and Big Show were the captains, despite having people on their teams that were arguably bigger stars.

9:53 - Last year, the Raw loss led to a very entertaining (even if it ended disappointingly) feud between Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton. What will be the resulting feud this year? Miz and Morrison seems like an easy answer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Big Zeke.

9:50 - How far Melina has fallen. It seems like a couple months ago she was making this huge return, and now her entrance isn't even shown on TV. Reunite her with Morrison on TV -- it would be mutually beneficial.

9:46 - I think we all know what's going to happen here. Cena will beat Orton, allowing Barrett to pick the ref. He picks Cena, and tells him that if he helps him win the WWE Championship, he'll let him out of Nexus.

9:35 - I must say, what an incredible match between Dolph and Bryan. Both of these guys brought it and put on an exciting match. And I love the idea of a Punk/Bryan feud, even though I'd rather see Punk fighting for the WWE Championship. Oh, and he should grow back that beard.

9:33 - "This match is the greatest thing to happen to Green Bay in I don't know how long." "The Packers won last night." "Who?" Awesome.

9:26 - "William Regal did the real work with this young man. Shawn Michaels just took $3,000 from him." Why is CM Punk not on every show all the time?

9:24 - "What's the name of that move, KING?" CM Punk is just all sorts of awesome.

9:22 - CM Punk wearing a DARE t-shirt is kinda epic. Love that guy.

9:21 - Is Jerry Lawler the lamest commentator ever? I mean, a Roseanne "Barr" reference? Are you kidding? It astounds me that so many people rip apart Cole when Lawler is there sitting right next to him. I'd love to see Cole and Matthews call Raw.

9:14 - How is this the biggest main event in Raw history? Wasn't this same match the main event, like, a month ago?

Anyway, really interesting start to the show. It makes sense giving Slater and Gabriel the tag belts, as they actually could do some neat things in the tag division. And the somewhat unnecessary dissension between Otunga and Barrett adds some additional intrigue into this Nexus story arc. And man, are the fans digging this angle or what?

9:10 - So Wade Barrett can make matches now?

9:03 - "Ladies and gentlemen, please simmer down." For some reason I found that hilarious.


2 comments:

Kyle Litke said...

I'm at all times torn between wanting Punk wrestling for the WWE title (because he's one of my favorites), the US Title (because I'd love to see Punk/Bryan for the match quality), or just doing commentary (because seriously, he's awesome at it).

Matt Basilo said...

I was going to write that I could watch Bryan wrestle and Punk do commentary every single week. Honestly, I think they made a mistake not keeping him on NXT full time. He was brilliant.