Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dive Bar Shirt Club: Mahogany Shoals Bar


I received my latest Dive Bar Shirt Club tee the other day, but I'm only getting around to posting it now.  It's another great looking one -- this one white, with a pretty cool lobster/beer glass logo.  I do have to wonder, though, if it'd be possible to get a ringer t-shirt for one of these designs.  Maybe I'll ask the guys on Twitter!  Anyway, Mahogany Shoals doesn't have a website, Facebook, or any apparent press whatsoever, so I've got to do some legwork here and type out this description myself:

A story old as time, man against nature, man against the sea, man against tuna, striper, blues.  Will a large vessel and impressive equipment be a match for such powerful and elusive swimmers?  More adventures await when you slip your pleasure raft into the laid-back marina of Old Harbor and Payne's Dock.  The salt life pretty much requires a taste for just the essentials and Mahogany Shoals believes that as well.  You can sit with sudsy friends and celebrate your smugglers, shipwrecks, and the ones that got away.  Fog rolls in, details fade, and wet timbers creak and groan under the weight as they shift with the rhythm of Mother Ocean.  This is a place where it really helps to have a long pole and a line a mile long.

Dive Bar Shirt Club: Website Twitter - Facebook

Dive Bar Shirt Club T-Shirt Gallery

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mahogany Shoals is falling apart after 1 wash! I selected the Vintage shirts, and have been happy otherwise. I am new to the Club (only have 4 shirts so far) and would appreciate some sage advice...

Matt Basilo said...

I've been lucky and haven't experienced any fraying or damaging yet. I tend to wash in a large pile (the red ones are the only ones I typically do in smaller, separate piles) with cold water. I put them in the dryer after and haven't had any problems. Hopefully this was just a one-time thing for you, I've found the condition to be pretty good.

Thanks for visiting. Be sure to come by every month -- I update this topic every time I get a new shirt. Hope you enjoy the club!