Monday, May 21, 2012

LIVE Raw thoughts - May 21, 2012

11:04 - Am I wrong that Zack Ryder didn't even get to run out with the rest of the babyfaces at the end of the show?  Yikes, that's not cool.

10:47 - Yeah, that was the problem with the Tensai character.  The "Lord" and robe.

10:42 - Cue the people talking about how Sesame Street or some other show has aired more than 1,000 episodes.

10:36 - Glad to see Kelly get the win but I'm surprised they had Kelly lose after being put on the Maxim list.

10:29 - There's nothing creepier than those segments where they show a Diva walking around backstage smiling.

10:23 - I didn't see Over the Limit last night and it seemed somewhat ambiguous whether or not that was an OFFICIAL face turn for Christian.  I figured that his opponent tonight would determine if he's a heel or face.  And since he's in there with a heel, I'm guessing this is officially stating him as a face.

I personally prefer Christian as a heel but he's effective as a face as well.  It's tough to say, though, whether this is a step up for him.  As a heel he'd be behind Daniel Bryan and arguably Alberto Del Rio.  But as a face he's behind Sheamus and Randy Orton.  Tough to say.

10:17 - Any combination of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and AJ is absolute gold.  Can the WWE Network PLEASE give these three a sitcom????

10:08 - I found that whole Punk/Bryan/Kane exchange pretty fun.  Reminiscent of some great Eddie Guerrero chicanery.

9:59 - House is over and I'm met with a Daniel Bryan promo.  Talk about serendipitous!

By the way, evidently they did explain the Big Show contract thing.  I guess he and Johnny had a verbal contract on Saturday, but didn't sign til after.  There ya go, good enough for me.

9:48 - I don't know what it is, but I hate the Samuel L. Jackson/Siri commercial.  Not nearly as much as the Zooey Deschanel one, though.  It drives me crazy that she looks out the window, sees that it's pouring, and asks "is that rain?"

9:40 - Yikes, even the commercials during House are better than the ones during Raw.

9:28 - Alright so I guess I missed Big Show's explanation, where evidently he revealed that he was rehired Saturday.  Of course, that means he was a Superstar on Sunday, and thus should have been fired since he interfered in the match.  That's not even a logic gap -- it's a completely avoidable (and inexcusable) mistake.  Yikes.  What I do like, though:  Sheamus' new shirt.  Also, Johnny Ace's hoveround.  The wheelchair MADE Mr. McMahon's character in its early inception.  This scooter could do the same magic for Johnny Ace.

9:09 - I know people will be annoyed with Cena's (brief) jokey spiel, but I am a sucker over the fact that he name dropped the Anonymous Raw General Manager.  And I appreciate the fact that they're actually covering the arguable logistical gaps:  Why didn't Cena just pin Ace instead of toying with him?  Why did Big Show sell out when he could have just seen Ace get fired and then get rehired by the next GM?  Bravo to them for that.

9:08 - So far, House is winning.

8:09 - Alright, so here's the deal.  There WILL be a LIVE Raw post tonight, but it's not going to have my full attention.  While I haven't watched House in probably about 4 or 5 years, I am intrigued by the series finale, so I'm probably going to be flipping between that and the first hour of Raw.  However, I'm not entirely married to each show, so they'll basically be competing for my attention.  Whichever program I find more enjoyable I'll be watching, while the other will be viewed during commercial breaks.

But do check the blog at 9:00 for some (possibly) sparse thoughts, and then the second hour will be my usual routine.

No comments: