Sunday, May 13, 2012

Straight out of a TV show

We've all had those moments that felt like they were so perfectly scripted that it seemed like it was straight out of a TV show.  Well, I just had that moment yesterday.

Over the past few years we've had some pretty vicious rain and snow storms (okay, not this winter), so our deck furniture really needed to be replaced.  Friday night my dad told me that I'd need to take the old furniture to the dump so that it's out of here for Mother's Day company on Sunday.  So I woke up Saturday and before even talking to anybody, I filled the trunk of my car up with two chairs, two footrests, and an end table and headed to the dump.

Because the furniture wasn't even THAT damaged, I even unloaded and set it up nicely when I got to the dump, instead of just tossing it.  As I'm driving out, I get a phone call from my dad.  Apparently, my aunt wanted to take the furniture and we weren't disposing of it after all.  I pull a U-Turn (as I'm still in the dump) and as I drive towards where I left everything, I see the chairs and other furniture in the bucket of a loader.  And before I know it, the furniture is getting dumped into a dumpster.  And as I'm saying to myself, "Well, that's not so bad.  Maybe they'll let me go into the dumpster to get them" the operator uses the bucket to crush the furniture he had just dropped into the dumpster.

So, suffice it to say, I was unable to save those particular pieces of furniture.  But the way everything played out....scripted straight from a TV show.

Oh, and happy mother's day, everybody!

No comments: