Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer of Excitement: Work Wedding - [a case of the summer]


Much like last year, this summer's first installment of Summer of Excitement is kicking off with a wedding!


However, while last year's wedding was a celebration for a long time friend from high school, this year's festivities were for a a work friend that I made only a couple of years ago.  And it was a really great time!  Ironically, it was at the very same place that the last wedding I went to (in October) -- right down to the same cocktail area and ballroom.  Small world, eh?

The wedding, of course, was lovely.  And it was really great to get to hang out and let loose with my work friends.  Because I work so far from my home (about an hour or so), I can never have more than a couple of drinks when we go out after work.  So it was nice to not have to worry about how I was going to get home or anything (I stayed at the hotel).  Unfortunately, I didn't feel like I got drunk, though!

Oh, and for some reason or another, my friends at work are a tad younger than I am (usually in the range of 23-27).  And trust me, they bring that up whenever the opportunity presents itself.  Yet who was the last man standing at the end of a full day and night of drinking and dancing?  That's right, the 31 year old!


No comments: