Friday, June 6, 2008

A Case of the.... Lost - Episodes 4-13 & 4-14


So last week brought us the finale of what I consider the best season of Lost yet. Did it live up to the very, very high bar that was set by last year’s shocking ending? That’s a bit tough to answer. Truth be told, short of THE actual end of the series, I’m not sure any of the finales will ever quite live up to that twist, but that doesn’t make them any less good, either. One criticism that surprised me, in particular, is that some people felt that nothing big really happened. On the contrary, throughout the entire episode I felt like SOMETHING big was always happening. It truly felt like a chain reaction of constant action, while still telling a damn interesting story. I thought that the pieces came together quite nicely.

2 comments:

Kyle Litke said...

I know Charlotte was originally found by Team Locke, so I assumed Ben saw her then, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for the time discrepancy, I had the same question as you, but after thinking about it, transmissions don't seem effected. Daniel and others appear at least to be talking "in real time" to others.

Matt Basilo said...

Thanks for commenting Kyle, your insight is always appreciated.

Like I said in my column, I'm not complete certain how the whole "time vortex" works, but in my past experience, things didn't quite line up. When Daniel talked to people on the freighter, there was clearly a time difference (most notable when the doctor came up on shore dead, but was still alive on the freighter).