Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Can't say I expected this....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/22/bale.questioned.ap/index.html

So in an ironic turn of events, the actor portraying the villainous Joker is pretty much being anointed for sainthood, while the person behind the heroic Batman mask has been arrested for assaulting his mother and sister.

I must admit that I found this news very surprising (provided that it is true). In my opinion, Christian Bale has always come across as an extremely charming, intelligent, genuine, likable person. Although I did get a kick out of the fact that the police opted not to question him because "they didn't want to interfere with the premiere." Way to keep your priorities straight, boys!

By the way, I did catch The Dark Knight earlier this evening, so expect a full review in the next couple of days.

No comments: