Monday, July 27, 2009

Blog from the beach

Well, not actually the beach. More like the house we're staying at.

Anyway, last night my friend, my cousin, and her friends were at happy hour being held at this hotel across the street from where we're staying. While we're sitting at our table drinking, we suddenly see this couple -- about 40 years old -- completely sucking face as they dance with each other. A little gross and graphic, to be honest.

However, moments later the gentleman got on his knee, held her hand out, and said something softly. They then hugged and proceeded to suck face again. You could see in his hand that he was holding a small black box, and she now had a finger on her ring. What was originally a graphic, borderline-inappropriate scene was now a romantic moment.

I then felt the need to make their slightly personal moment into a spectacle. The people at my table didn't feel like clapping -- but dammit I was going to clap. So I clapped and clapped until everybody else joined in. Then the band even recognized them! I feel like they now have a nice story to tell, and I played a part in that (haha).

After everything calmed down our table discussed the fact that the man proposed to his girlfriend during happy hour. Is it me, or is that not the most romantic time to do something you'll be recalling for the rest of your relationship. I mean, the term is pretty much equated to getting completely blitzed. Making matters worse, the hotel is RIGHT ON THE BEACH. The beautiful sand and ocean was, like, literally ten feet away. Wouldn't that have been a far more appropriate and romantic place to do such a thing?

Anyway, I'll try to post later with some pet peeves!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: