Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Looks like the Case Workers have some competition...

It has always been my hope that this blog would be more than me simply spewing out some thoughts, observations, and reviews. I've always wanted it to be a center for some debate and discussion. And while there has been a select few visitors who frequently comment -- for which I am extremely grateful -- I do feel like my hope hasn't quite been realized.

So it's somewhat ironic that this week, my Smallville column posted on the Inside Pulse website has received, like, a ton of feedback! It began with me and one reader exchanging a few comments, and before long, four more people jumped in. By the end of the discussion, there were 14 total comments. Check out the exchange:

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2009/10/12/smallville-episode-9-3-review/

I'll leave it to you guys to decide if you want to read it, but I will share one comment from "Aqgalaxy," who did not appreciate my argument that, at this point in time, I believe the natural progression of Chloe's story is for her to leave and find her own path. In fact, he doesn't like the notion that Clark ends up with Lois, and not Chloe. Here's an excerpt:

Sure you love Chloe so that’s why you don’t want her killed off, you rather her just leave like Lana.

Superman is supposed to be about Truth, Justice, and the American Way!

The Truth of the matter is, Chloe should be gutted from what made her the fan favorite and light-switched to a hallow shell of what she was because Lois and Clois couldn’t meet the standards she and Chlark set.

It’s an Injustice to the actress and her fans what these people are doing to Chloe.

And if this is the American way, where someone like Erica Durance’s Lois Lane, deserves the the most moral/powerful hero in DC Comics, then it’s no surprise why America is so hated around the world.



So in case any of you were confused, apparently the world hates America because Clark Kent doesn't fall in love with Chloe on Smallville...

For that matter -- and let me make this VERY clear -- I will never, ever compare my feelings for Chloe with my feelings for Lana. And my reason for thinking each should leave are at entirely different ends of the spectrum. To clarify, I just feel like the current story we're seeing, with Chloe finding herself less necessary in Clark's day-to-day missions and his overall journey, should conclude with her living her life for herself. She's given up a lot for Clark -- I daresay more than anybody on the series. She deserves some happiness.

And by the way, I also want my loyal readers to understand that I genuinely appreciate the support, even if that doesn't mean you're leaving comments. I just had a fantastic time interacting with my readers -- and having those readers interact with each other -- and I do wish that could happen on my personal blog, instead of a website I simply contribute to. So, give it a shot. Hopefully we'll get a nice discussion going on.

And if those that commented on the Inside Pulse article are reading this right now -- spread the love to [a case of the blog]!



Bookmark and Share



A CASE OF THE BLOG VISITORS: PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO FILL OUT THIS QUICK SURVEY!!

No comments: