Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Message from an adoring fan....

The following comment was left under my Heroes review over at Inside Pulse by a reader named "CoolerThanYou" (which is actually rather convenient, because now I know where we each stand on the social ladder):

you are so stupid, your review sucks. heroes is going way down hill and you obviously haven't watched many episode of previous seasons because you aren't comparing it properly. previous seasons were much better and to spin the show in such an upright manner making it sound good still with lame story lines like saving hiro and will peter petrelli lose his healing power if he touches someone is just downright retarded. anyone who reads your review and takes your opinion with any credibility is a dumbass. and who the fuck is HRG? his name is Noah Bennet, get with it!

Geez, tell me how you really feel.

First and foremost, I write my reviews while sitting down, typically in a lounging position. So I'm not doing anything in an "upright manner." Got it?

Second, I have to wonder why somebody with such obvious disdain for the show not only bothers to spend an hour of his night watching the show, but then proceeds to go out of his way to read a review.

Those observations aside, I don't recall ever stating that Heroes hasn't gone downhill. Sure, I try to remain positive, but anybody who reads my reviews should recognize that I usually spend about half of them criticizing some aspect of the episode. I certainly don't give the show a free pass. Along with that, I figure that most people who read my column enjoy the show. If you're a fan of the show, why would you want to read a review that does nothing but rip it apart? So, basically, I'm writing for the people who actually enjoy the show -- not the obnoxious jerk who thinks the show is "retarded."

Also, while I've seen every single episode of Heroes, I'm not comparing this episode to past ones (for that matter, I didn't realize there was a proper way to make comparisons). I also believe that many people are remembering past seasons with rose-colored glasses. The writing was NEVER that great, even in the first season. Consider the fact that Mohinder traveled around the world on the whim that people might have abilities, and even tracked down people he believed possessed some powers. When he's confronted with his first sign of proof, suddenly he's super skeptical and inexplicably decides to return to India. And how about all the stalling with Hiro, where he lost his powers for no identifiable reason just so that the big climax wouldn't occur until the finale? Or the incredibly slow Niki/Jessica story arc? The first season was not without its flaws.

Actually, I'd probably say that season two was the worst season of them all, and that this current season is an improvement over that. But hey, you're free to have your own opinions.

Oh, and I'll call HRG whatever the hell I want. Live with it!


Bookmark and Share


A CASE OF THE BLOG VISITORS: PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO FILL OUT THIS QUICK SURVEY!!

No comments: