Sunday, December 13, 2009

WWE TLC Predictions

As originally reported in my preview video, I will be reviewing a different show every day this week....

And appropriately, we begin this week with tonight's new pay-per-view, TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs. The idea of the show is clever and interesting enough, but my main point of contention is the same issue I had with Hell in a Cell. You're basically taking a specialty match that is sporadically used in attraction matches each year, and you're watering it down by featuring it multiple times in a single night. But I will admit that I'm far more tempted to order this show than I otherwise would have.

The other thing that makes me scratch my head is the backwards booking, as the TLC match was the first one announced for the show. As its name suggests, the TLC match is the ultimate combination of all the other stipulation matches on the card -- the booking should have built up to that point. Instead, they immediately offered us the main course, and then proceeded to give us "Light" versions of that match.

For that matter, they haven't really explained the difference between a Ladder Match and a TLC match. Tables and chairs are frequently used in the former, so as as best as I can tell, the only difference is that those aforementioned weapons are neatly and conveniently set up prior to the match for TLC, whereas in a Ladder Match you have to go to the trouble of setting it up yourself.

Those observations aside, I think this is one of the fresher line ups we've seen in the past year or so. We're seeing a number of "first time" matches (Cena vs. Sheamus, Christian vs. Shelton, DX vs. JeriShow), as well as the culmination of some really well built up feuds (Orton vs. Kofi, Morrison vs. McIntyre, Mickie vs. Michelle). And although we've seen Undertaker vs. Batista a number of times, it's a relatively new dynamic with the big man now being a heel. Anyway, here are my predictions:

WWE Championship Match - Tables Match:
John Cena defeats Sheamus

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Chairs Match:
Surprisingly tough to call, but I think I'm going to have to lean towards 'Taker retaining. There are a lot more heels for the champ to deal with than faces. Has it ever been explained what a Chair Match is?

ECW Championship Match - Ladder Match:
Very tough to call, although again I think Christian will retain. Which is what I want. Then again, I am tempted to see a change of pace on ECW, and a new champion would surely do that. This match certainly has the potential to steal the show, but the question remains, will they let them? I hope so, because this could do huge things to boost ECW's stock.

Unified Tag Team Championship Match - TLC Match:
This will likely close the show, as it probably should (however, this is another reason why I'm skeptical that the ECW title match won't have certain restrictions, as to not outshine the show closer). I have to say, I think JeriShow will retain, mostly because I don't see Shawn Michaels and Triple H frequently appearing on all three shows (or at least Raw and Smackdown). And I think they appreciate having Jericho on both shows. Then again, this is one of the harder matches to predict.

Orton vs. Kofi - Another tough one, but I'm leaning towards Orton. Sure, a big time win would do wonders for Kofi, but I see a lot of faces winning tonight. And I don't see them lining up Kofi as the next challenger for the WWE Championship.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Morrison vs. McIntyre - One title should probably change tonight, and this may very well be it. I like Morrison a lot more, so I hope he wins. But just to ensure one title change, I'm giving it to McIntyre.

Women's Championship Match: Michelle defeats Mickie.

There you have it. Overall, I think it'll be a great show. Lets just hope there aren't any injuries!

Oh, and please participate in my WWE Year-End Survey! Thank you!!



Twitter Button from twitbuttons.comShare/Bookmark




Also: Please take a moment to fill out this WWE Year-End Survey - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2LXGLNW

No comments: