Monday, January 18, 2010

A Case of the.... 24 - Episodes 8-3 & 8-4


You know, as I wrote last night’s column I considered mentioning the clichéd scene in which the guy with information dies just as he’s about to reveal what he knows. But then I thought, “Well, he did divulge SOME information” so I decided not to nitpick. But then I thought about it more today, and I realized that, presumably, this guy knows who’s going to assassinate the visiting president. Knowing that, wouldn’t it have been much easier for him to say, “his brother” than “blah blah blah has somebody on the inside”?

Anyway, a few people have noted that the season has gotten off to a slow start. I think it’s fair to say that many of the premieres over the past few years have taken a more laid back approach. After a while, I think the series realized they have their core set of fans that are going to watch no matter what, and they don’t need to do something utterly shocking or explosive in the first episode in order to get people to watch. Personally, I’ve come to the point that I appreciate their restraint. Yes, sometimes you need to give something extraordinary, but keep in mind that the season that kicked off with the biggest bang was season six, undeniably the worst season of the show yet.

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/01/18/24-episodes-8-3-8-4-review/




Twitter Button from twitbuttons.comShare/Bookmark

No comments: