Sunday, August 29, 2010

LIVE Emmy thoughts

10:58 - YAYYYYYYY!!!!! Happy ending to this show!

10:53 - So they end with Best Comedy? That's a bit surprising. I'm SOOOOOOOO pushing for Modern Family. But....sigh....Glee will win.

10:51 - Damn.....did Lost got shut out on all of their major award nominations? That's just damn tragic.

10:45 - Just looked it up, Matthew Fox didn't win Best Actor. The supremely talented Bryan Cranston did. Although I don't watch Breaking Bad, Bryan's great. If Fox didn't win, I'm happy to see Cranston did. Utterly SHOCKED that Julianna Marguiles didn't win Best Actress, though. Thought she was the heavy favorite in that category.

Are these mini-series awards STILL happening????

10:43 - RE: Dish Network commercial -- why can't any cable provider company allow you to pick each station individually? Are they worried that nobody will pick the shitty stations? If so, they're basically just forcing the crappy that nobody watches upon us. I need an answer!

10:34 - And with the "these guys really suck" joke, Jimmy Fallon exhibited why I can't stand him. And man, these mini-series awards are just painful.

10:10 - Did they do best actor yet? Did Matthew Fox win? What category do they always close with again? I think it's Best Drama....

10:00 - Stellar episode of True Blood. Finale in two weeks. So what did I miss with the Emmys?

8:59 - Wouldn't it be odd if True Blood won, and their acceptance speech competed against its own show? But Lost better win.

8:51 - Guess I spoke too soon on that cut off music observation. Next award will probably be my last, as I'm switching to HBO at 9 for True Blood.

8:45 - As a side note, I'm thrilled that they did away with that music to cut off the acceptance speeches. Yes, some of the speeches were a little excessive, but this is their moment, and it's a bit hypocritical to push the awards as this amazing professional accomplishment, only to turn around and tell the winners, "sorry, there's not enough time for you to tell everybody how great this feels."

8:38 - Why, I'm shocked. Jim Parsons beats heavyweights like Steve Carrel and Larry David? And the Glee onslaught? Wow...

8:12 - While fantastically hilarious, I'm shocked by Eric's win. I thought, if anybody from Modern Family would win, Ty Burrell was a lock. But congrats.

8:07 - Conan O'Brien reference = utter brilliance! But enough with Glee, okay?

8:04 - Nina Dobrev in the opening of the Emmys? Awesome!

7:42 - Ty Burrell's tuxedo exemplifies why he absolutely rules!

7:27 - Okay, I will say this. That one dude's repeated "what does your bathroom floor look like?" question is just creepy....

Well, I don't normally watch any of these award shows, but with several shows and actors I like quite a bit getting nominated, I thought I'd watch the first hour until True Blood comes on (new episode tonight, no?) Right now they're showing the Red Carpet, but check back in an hour for my LIVE thoughts on the show.


No comments: