Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feedback, please

I'd like your feedback on a review matter.

As part of the Inside Pulse relaunch, instead of columns getting posted immediately, they're being held until an hour in which traffic is optimal, in order to maximize hits. So, for example, if a show I watch airs at 8, and I begin my column around 9:00 when it ends, and don't finish until 10:30, it probably won't be posted until early the next morning (around 8:00 am, let's say).

Aside from my Lost columns, as a courtesy to Inside Pulse, I typically wait until the column is posted before featuring it on my blog (at which point I'll provide a link so that they get the hit), but to be honest part of the allure of that was that my columns were more or less posted immediately.

So, my question: Would you like me to post my TV reviews immediately on my blog, or do you typically not read my reviews until the next morning anyway (in which case I should just continue waiting until Inside Pulse posts it)? This is actually a decision I've been struggling with, so please do take a moment to let me know. Thanks!


2 comments:

Javier Rivera said...

Well Matt, you I'm a fan of your reviews so like to read them as soon as I can. I would prefer you post them immediately, but, I could also live with a next morning posting. So do what you think is best and I will read regardless!

Matt Basilo said...

I'm inclined to agree with you, considering that it's almost 3:00 PM and it still hasn't been posted yet (I submitted it at about 11:00 last night). Starting next week, I may just directly post it on the blog.