Sunday, September 19, 2010

Night of Champions predictions

I'm in DC for the weekend, but I thought I'd offer a quick blog post on my predictions for tonight's PPV.

WWE Championship Match - My instinct says Sheamus retains. Honestly I just don't see any of the other five becoming champion at this point, from a story perspective. I could see them pulling a big time swerve and having Wade Barrett win.

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Kane retains.

Intercontinental Championship Match - Kofi reclaims the title.

United States Championship Match - Surprisingly tough to call. I see them wanting to get the US title off of Miz so he can move onto bigger and better things, but considering Bryan has been so dominant in this feud, I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz retain and holding off the switch until next month. So I'm going to go against the grain and say Miz retains.

Women's/Divas Championship Unification Match - Another tough one. I could see Michelle winning so that she can physically carry the Divas title while Layla holds the Women's title. But since I see the Divas title as the belt that sticks around (the female competitors are called "Divas," it's a flashier belt, and it's not cracked in two at the moment), I'm going to say that Melina wins.

Tag Team Championship Match - I assume it'll be Hart Dynasty vs. Cody and Drew, and since the Harts aren't really doing anything with the belts, and they're not appearing on both shows, I'll go with Cody and Drew.

CM Punk vs. Big Show - Since Big Show has COMPLETELY dominated this feud, Punk HAS to win.

Well there you have it. Am I missing any matches? If we see Christian vs. Del Rio, I'll go with Alberto.


No comments: