Monday, November 29, 2010

LIVE Raw thoughts

11:07 - The problem with this match is the reason I don't like when they involve the announcers in storylines. In a couple of weeks, Lawler will be announcing as if he never had any issue with Miz (like how Cody Rhodes gave Striker one of his t-shirts, to Striker's acclaim, despite the fact that they feuded on NXT). And as many have likely already noted, how could Lawler and Cole work together, for the next several weeks, without there being significant tension between them? Further, Cole's interference was a bit peculiar in the first place. He's watched Miz lose countless times. I understand this is a whole new level, but, to quote Miz, really?

Overall a fun show, but they painted themselves in a corner by even making that match.

11:04 - Somebody FINALLY gets their hands on Michael Cole and they waste the moment on Jerry Lawler?

10:59 - I must also wonder, why risk injuring your WWE Champion just weeks before a PPV in a stipulation match that we'll see once again at said PPV?

10:57 - It's strange hearing Cole taking such an anti-Lawler slant in his commentary right now.

10:51 - Odd that Miz still has his briefcase even after cashing in the contract.

10:41 - ya' know, Santino should really do a guy a solid and help out Morrison right now.

10:35 - Is it me or have Punk, Lawler, and Cole all been a little off their game today? Like they're particularly distracted.

10:26 - Wow, so Raw is basically three hours every other week now. Quick predictions, based on the commercials: Match of the Year - HBK vs. Taker (again!), Most Shocking Moment - HBK and Hitman embrace, Diva of the Year - LayCool, Superstar of the Year - Toughest to determine, but I think they'll go with Orton.

10:13 - By the way, I did check the photo gallery from the 2008 King of the Ring, and Punk DID wear different trunks for each match. He did black/white for the first round, black/blue for the semis, and blue/black for the finals:


Another reason why he rules.

10:03 - I loved Cena's Leslie Nielson tribute. Great stuff. And I have to say, his attack on Gabriel was one of the most extreme beatdowns we've seen in quite some time. And I'm glad they acknowledged the elephant in the room regarding Cena's ability to appear backstage without issue.

9:52 - I love how matter-of-factly CM Punk says, "Because he's Rey Mysterio! He steals cars on the side!"

9:47 - I'm disappointed nobody is going the Randy Savage route of wearing a different pair of tights for every match. In fact, didn't CM Punk do that?

9:34 - Did I just spy a beer pong table in the audience? I woulda sworn I saw a long table with red Solo cups on it.

9:31 - Add Justin Gabriel to the list of people who look cooler with a beard.

9:26 - By the way, I'm still pissed about AJ getting voted off NXT last week. What a load of crap.

9:22 - I guess the upside is we get Cole and Punk alone on commentary.

9:12 - So Lawler accuses Miz of being an underserving champion and then issues a challenge for the title when he hasn't wrestled consistently for WWE in over a decade? Further, nobody takes Lawler seriously, so Miz getting a victory over him doesn't mean anything to the casual fan. And why give away a TLC match when you have the PPV coming up in a matter of weeks? Why not sacrifice somebody like R-Truth in a standard match?

9:09 - Punk's facial expressions when King and Cole are bickering over Miz are just priceless.

9:05 - So who interrupts Miz's promo in Orton's absence?

8:49 - "Actually you're a Superstar, not a wrestler."

8:29 - I like the new Nexus t-shirt.

8:23 - Well I'll be damned, CM Punk was right:


8:21 - Bret Hart won the King of the Ring again in 1993?

8:12 - By the way, my predictions based on this graphic:


Del Rio over Bryan
Morrison over Rhodes
Jackson over McIntyre
Sheamus over Kingston

Next round:

Del Rio over Morrison
Jackson over Sheamus (only because I don't see them going heel/heel for the finals)

Finals:

Del Rio over Jackson to win King of the Ring


Of course, I will alter these predictions after each round.

8:05 - "Looks like he's dressed for court." Now THAT'S awesome.

I am here for my Raw LIVE thoughts, but as I'm not feeling great and can't really sacrifice taking time off work, I can't promise I'll be around for all three hours. But hell, let's see what happens.


No comments: