Monday, November 14, 2011

LIVE Raw thoughts - November 14, 2011

11:03 - To his credit, Boots to Asses is now trending. Then again, so was Mason Ryan at one point tonight.

10:53 - I'm looking at my Twitter page right now. Boots to Asses ain't trending.

10:46 - The size of The Rock disturbs me. Was he ever this big throughout his entire career?

10:37 - I still hope they'll add one more Survivor Series elimination match. There are still plenty of guys who aren't scheduled for matches yet. Ryder, Morrison, Bryan, DiBiase, just to name a few.

10:24 - Speaking of beards, I guess Orton's is gone now.

10:21 - Kevin Nash definitely looks better with the full beard. That thin goatee thing was creepy looking.

10:00 - So what, we don't take off our shirts when we wrestle anymore?

9:52 - I say this every week but ADR has the absolute worst looking beat downs. Nothing about his attacks look brutal.

9:51 - What a coincidence! My brother was wearing the shirt Miz is wearing right now, and I really liked it. Just today I was trying to find it (affordably).

9:48 - So they can't even fit in Brodus for a 3 hour show? Yikes....

9:43 - Told you.

9:40 - Natalya will lose. Natalya always loses. When you consider that Kelly is also on the cover of Maxim, I'd say that her chances are even slimmer. I do love Kelly, though.

9:31 - I am firmly willing to predict that Sheamus and Orton are the survivors of their team.

9:19 - So how many segments are they going to end with the participants explicitly stating that this has been a waste of time? I mean, I'm not really sure what the point of that segment was. I did get a BIT of a kick out of Foley's attempts at a good gesture continually backfiring, but quite honestly Cena and Foley don't have the history that Rock and Foley had to make the comedy of errors work.

Was the whole point to get Cena to give a rousing speech about how the fans can boo him? If so, we've already seen that a bunch of times before. And on top of that, the segment only gave the audience more reasons to boo Cena.

Rock coming in to Rock Bottom Foley was kinda funny and unexpected, though.

9:12 - How did I not know Bull had this accent?

9:07 - I suspect they're purposely going over the top here, but there's no way this music gets the audience supporting Cena.

8:54 - Doesn't wearing one of those balance bands over your wrist tape defeat the purpose?

8:50 - So, could Ziggler be doing double duty two PPVs in a row?

It strikes me as odd that WWE is so incredibly willing to anger their audience with this JR/Cole thing, with seemingly no plan to have it end happily (with JR getting his job back).

8:39 - I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I haven't necessarily been set on fire by the Rock since his return. Granted, I was NEVER a massive Rock fan -- more than any other main eventer, I felt he did as little as possible in the ring in order to get a reaction. Likewise, he relies on catch phrases more than most behind the mic. I am by no means discounting his talent or success -- both are immense. I just feel like, often, he does as little as possible to get a reaction.

Having said that, my issue with the Rock/Cena feud is the same as my issue with the Triple H/Kevin Nash feud. Very, very little of the issues have occurred on-screen. You're expecting your audience to know all of this backstage information. I wish they would show an old interview where Cena badmouthed Rock, because at the moment all we've seen is Rock and Cena talking about all the things they've said about each other.

8:28 - At least JR is doing the announcing, for now.

Hunico went from a potentially marketable Sin Cara impersonator to a stereotypical Konnan impostor. The Black Sin Cara gimmick had some potential, and I think they gave up on it WAY too quickly.

I'm also really disappointed that Cody has abandoned the mask. Sure, the shelf life may have been limited, but the Dr. Doom look was awesome. Cody is great, but there's not a whole lot about him that stands out. The mask set him apart and really let him shine.

8:21 - Usual spiel. Loved Punk, the rest was blah. Honestly, they should have ended it with Punk giving Cole the GTS and then pulling the announce chair out for JR. That would have made Punk a God to the audience.

Nice to see Foley again, by the way. My feelings on Mick as a performer has wavered over the years, but I think his talent is innate and I'm excited to see what he has to offer.

8:16 - Could this be the return of the CM Punk crazy beard?

7:59 - So Twitter has been advertising that the Cole Challenge would kick off Raw. I don't think the future is bright for JR. If they had planned on doing something as drastic as removing Cole from the booth and giving the position back to JR, I don't think they'd be so casual about postponing the match for several weeks. If Cole wins, nothing changes. He remains as the announcer and JR stays gone. So postponing it, if the end result is Cole winning, is a "no harm, no foul" situation. Not looking good for Mr. Ross, although I hope I'm wrong.

7:49 - We're about 10 minutes from a supersized Super Show. I'll do my best to keep this coverage going for the whole three hours, but I hurt my back today and my chair, while comfortable, is not quite as alluring as my bed. Plus I may need to run out for a bit.

How about a quick pre-Raw discussion? Christian is officially off of, eck, Team Barrett. Who replaces him? The easy answer is Epico or Primo, who have aligned with Hunico against Sin Cara. But do they want to waste a spot on people so low on the card? My bet is on Brodus Clay, who dominates in his "debut" match tonight, and immediately gets picked up by Barrett. What do you think?

No comments: