Sunday, November 20, 2011

Survivor Series Predictions

I won't be ordering the show tonight. I might have been convinced to do so if there were a couple more traditional matches -- right now, it just feels like an ordinary PPV. The matches are incredibly tough to predict, if only because a lot of the decisions lately have been very questionable. I'll give it a-go, nonetheless.


WWE Championship Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk
I'd LOVE to see Punk take the title here -- and I'd say there's about a 50% chance that happens. I'm just not fully convinced. However, I don't see Henry losing his title, and I don't see Rock/Cena ending "happily." Even if Punk wins, though, I'm not sure he's going to get a super long reign. Which is too bad.

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Mark Henry vs. Big Show
I see Henry retaining here. No cash in from Daniel Bryan.

Traditional Survivor Series Match:
Team Orton vs. Team Barrett
I see Orton and Sheamus as sole survivors.

United States Championship Match:
Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison
I see Zack Ryder getting inserted into the match, making it triple threat. If that happens, I could see them pulling the trigger and having Ryder win it. If it remains as a one-on-one match, Ziggler retains.

Divas Championship Match:
Beth Phoenix vs. Eve
I really like Eve, and she's probably the best option of all the babyface Divas, but I would keep the title on Beth.

Rock/Cena vs. Miz/Truth
There are a lot of options here, and I'm sure they'll go with the least inventive. Rock and Cena win, and Rock gives him the Rock Bottom afterwards. Some other possibilities: Rock abandons Cena, and Miz/Truth win; Cena abandons Rock, and Miz/Truth win; purely happy ending with the good guys winning and celebrating; Rock and Cena win, and Cena gives him an AA.

What do you think will happen? And will you be ordering the show?

No comments: