Sunday, March 30, 2014

Legends of Wrestling

So I got a Roku last week and finally got around to setting it up (step one of four requires an HDMI cable....the one thing that isn't included!) and I absolutely love it.  I haven't had a single issue with the WWE Network, and with it now being on my TV instead of my laptop, I decided to browse around a little bit.  One of the things I decided to watch was the 2012 Legends of Wrestling episode discussing factions, which included the rather stacked panel of Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Tazz, and Jim Ross.  One of the interesting -- but not entirely surprising -- aspects of the show was how incredibly anti-nWo Ric Flair was (and, of course, excessively pro-Four Horsemen he was....to the extent that he would come close to arguing with anybody who left them off of their "favorite" list).  What I found particularly interesting was the fact that he went on and on about how nWo was made popular due to the fact that they were put over everybody and ended each show standing tall for two years, whereas the Four Horsemen (and Flair himself) NEVER won -- they always made their opponents look good.  Flair is NOT wrong in this regard, but it is a bit interesting to note that the man he's constantly talking up (Triple H) is just as guilty of that.  Flair referred to Triple H as a Hall of Famer and a man with a Hall of Fame career.  You'll never hear him say that he built that career by standing tall above the his opponents.

Just an observation.

No comments: