Friday, January 23, 2009

A Case of the.... Smallville - Episode 8-12

While I can’t really decide how I feel about Clark and Chloe’s conversation, the fact that this series is simply unwilling to let go of the Clark/Lana relationship drives me made. The past few years of Smallville have been phenomenal, except for two issues in which the writers are relentlessly stubborn about: Clark being in love with Lana, and Clark’s inability to fly. It’s gotten to the point that I can’t even remember how I could have possibly rooted for them. They had made so much progress with the budding relationship between Clark and Lois, yet they very possibly set themselves back to square one by immediately having him fall back in love with Lana the second she returned. It didn’t even appear as if he was conflicted. I mean, he had to be REMINDED about Lois. And I hated, hated, hated the fact that they kissed.

No comments: