Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anybody else watching this crap?

I'm not even entirely sure why I've submitted to exposing myself to such drudge, but I decided to watch the MTV Movie Awards, as there really isn't anything on television right now. And man, has it been painful....

First was the opening monologue. I'm sure the actor from Parks and Recreations is hilarious, but that monologue was just plain awful. I don't think I laughed once. Nor did anybody in the audience. It was just uncomfortable, and it kept going and going. Wow...

Then despite having people like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and Sandra Bullock in attendance, they open the show with....David Spade and Rob Schneider???? Really? And then Kristen Steward proceeds to give one of the most awkward acceptance speeches I've ever seen, well, ever.

And in the opening 20 minutes, I'd venture to say there were no less than 239 Twilight jokes. And they were lame jokes. And the franchise is lame as well. And they had the nerve to use the True Blood theme when presenting a Twilight scene as a nominee. Sacrilegious!

Anyway, don't watch. But do be sure to visit the blog in the upcoming days, as I'll be unveiling another Top Ten Cases. I'm also thinking of some ideas to keep us going through the summer. Thanks for the loyal support, folks!


No comments: