Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No need to fret -- I'm alive!

Sorry for the lack of updates this past week, it's just been busy and I haven't had much time to devote to the blog. That'll change, though.

Some quick thoughts -- really thought Raw was strong last night. I'm slightly disappointed that the NXT rookies were already signed, because it takes a bit of the motivation away from their savage attacks. Plus, it sorta negates the whole purpose of the current season of NXT. Nonetheless, their attack on Vince looked absolutely brutal. Seeing Vince in the sleeved referee shirt really accentuated his age, and watching him get so recklessly thrown around was borderline uncomfortable. Which, I suspect, was the point.

Taking the title off of Cena was a curious decision, and I'm especially perplexed that they gave Sheamus the nod (out of all of the challengers, I thought Edge might have the best shot). Oh, and while it's nice to see Mysterio with the gold, I REALLY wish they had gone with WWE's MVP, CM Punk.

Not sure who the mystery GM is, although I do not think it's Michael Cole. Remember, Vince was on the phone with the mystery person at one time, meaning that it can't be Cole, who was broadcasting at the time. JR maybe? Seems like a longshot, but who knows.

Come back either later this week or next week, and I'll have a new Top Ten Cases posted, ranking my favorite scenes from the Lost finale. Hard to believe the show's been over for, like, a month already!


2 comments:

Kyle Litke said...

The cynic in me (and alas, probably the realist) thinks the only reason Sheamus was chosen was so they can rush the title back to HHH as soon as he comes back.

As for the mystery GM, my initial thought was the Rock. They talked about some big storyline with him this summer, and it would give them a chance to "use him" without really using him to make a longer storyline. That way he can come back at some point, reveal himself, do Raw for a couple weeks, then get "fired" (or quit or whatever).

JR would be cool but doesn't really make sense to me. Beyond those two I feel like any other possible options would just be huge disappointments.

Matt Basilo said...

I'll admit, I thought the same thing. When Sheamus won the title, I thought to myself, "Well isn't that convenient?" Especially when you consider that they seem to be in hyper drive mentioning Sheamus' attack on Triple H, and the fact that Cena called in his automatic rematch immediately.

Not sure about the mystery GM either, but to be honest I don't know why they didn't just revert back to the guest host becoming GM for the night. I know it's not a popular gimmick, but it seems to be one they're sticking with (this week excluding), so why not just take the simplest route?

I did get a kick out of the "bleep" computer sounds, though. What, are they using AIM or something? In 2010?