Sunday, April 1, 2012

WrestleMania Predictions!

Well the day is finally upon us!


There is one thing I will say about WWE that no other wrestling organization past (WCW) or present (TNA) can touch, and that's the spectacle they make of WrestleMania. Sure, you hear that Starrcade was WCW's biggest event, and I don't even know what TNA considers their biggest event....but to me, those always felt like "just another event" with some lip service provided to try and make it seem special. Not WWE. They genuinely make WrestleMania seem like an absolutely epic spectacle. And bravo to them for that.

Anyway, it's been a bit of a WrestleMania week here on the blog as well. For one, I altered the main banner to look like the WrestleMania logo. On Monday I provided my LIVE Raw thoughts. On Tuesday I posted my first of two WrestleMania Editions of True or False, with Kyle and Javier. On Thursday I posted the second True or False, with Scott Keith (and thank you, sir, for the plug). And now, here are my Atypical WrestleMania Predictions.

What makes them "atypical"? Well, instead of predicting the results to matches, I'm going to make guesses on what "unexpected" results may occur and what new attires may be worn. Last year, my claim to fame was to guess the EXACT new color scheme of John Cena's new clothing line. I'm still proud of that. So here we go...

First and foremost, Cody Rhodes will debut a new color scheme.....and the Intercontinental Title will match! My guess is pretty back, though. His trunks/hoodie go from white/black to black/gold. And the IC title returns to the more traditional black strap.

Kofi Kingston debuts a new Joker-inspired design for his trunks. This is a cheat, actually. He hinted that he might do that.

We probably all guessed that Zack Ryder would wear his RyderMania trunks. That's a given. I'm taking it one step further, though, and guessing that he'll bring back his ring jacket (which he hasn't worn since he got a t-shirt).

CM Punk debuts a specialty pair of trunks, like he did a couple years ago with GI Joe. My guess is that they're modeled after his original Best in the World t-shirt. The front is the scribbled Chicago flag with the fist and lightning bolt. The back says "Best in the World."

Jericho will also wear a pair of trunks that light up, similar to his jacket. Don't know the logistics of it, but it'll happen! Also, the strongest argument for the WWE Championship NOT opening the show: It needs to be dark out for Jericho's entrance.

Yes, Cena will debut a new clothing line. Don't know what'll be or what the color scheme will be, though. Also, both Batista and Lesnar run in and interfere in the main event, but don't play a part in the finish. Batista attacks Rock, and Lesnar attacks Cena. Essentially, each person is helping the person from their "era."

I've got company coming for my dad's birthday tonight, so I gotta go. I WILL be provided LIVE thoughts, but for the first hour or so they'll be a little limited since family will still be over. Psyched for the show!!

UPDATE (5:04) - Two more things that I forgot to mention. I think we'll see orange or blue ring ropes. Or both. If there's both, I see the top and bottom rope being orange, and the middle rope being blue.

At Royal Rumble Sheamus ditched the green trim on his attire for red. At WrestleMania, he'll ditch the red for gold.

No comments: