Thursday, January 9, 2014

Barber Shop Window: Hulk Smash


Some big things have happened with Barber Shop Window since my last purchase -- most significantly, they've been purchased by Chicago-based One Hour Tees.  What does this mean?  Most beneficially, it means that their shipping methods have improved substantially, as they now claim that the shirts will be shipped within 5 business days of the purchase, with the potential for taking an extra 2-3 business days.  That's way better than their old promise that it would take 10-14 business days for your shirt to be shipped.  Since this shirt was ordered for me for Christmas, I don't know how long it actually took....but I did find there to be a big improvement.  Another benefit is that their website is much sleeker and easier to share.  For example, I ordered the Smash Hulk shirt -- and I can now direct you to the ordering page of that specific shirt (something that didn't exist on their prior website).

The other difference -- neither good nor bad, necessarily -- is that the quality of the shirts seem to be different.  The upside:  The shirt itself is nicer.  The company previously used "Anvil" t-shirts, which were rather durable but not necessarily soft (not uncomfortable, though).  They now use "Canvas" shirts, which do feel a bit softer.  The downside is the actual printing of the graphic.  One thing I liked about Barbershop Window vs. Turnbuckle Tees is that the image was silk screened right onto the shirt.  That is to say, you couldn't "feel" the image on the shirt.  Now, you can.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy with this shirt and I've already ordered another shirt from Barbershop Window.  And for those wondering, I went with the Hulk Smash shirt because I thought it was a rather charming and amusing combination of the wrestler and comic character -- and a shirt that pretty much everyone would "get" and appreciate, even if they're not wrestling/comic book fans.

Be sure to visit their new site -- they're posting new designs pretty frequently.

Barbershop Window's website 
Follow Barbershop Window on Twitter

No comments: