Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I tried....and failed....

I've made it known throughout the past few months that my new year's resolution is to meet -- and take a photo with -- the beautiful and beloved Rachel Bilson, sometime before the end of 2008. But hey, I'm realistic. I know she's (probably) not going to just show up at my front door.

So when I find out she's going to be in New York City to film a segment for the appropriately titled "New York, I Love You" -- AND that I would have off of work the very day she was filming -- the opportunity was just too good to pass up.

Unfortunately -- and not many people know this -- New York City is a pretty big place. Using my limited resources (basically entertainment and gossip websites, and a couple of filmmaker friends), all I could find out was that she was filming in "the downtown area." Again, that's a pretty wide spectrum to attack.

So, ultimately, I was unable to find the filming location. Making matters worse, when I got home, one of my sources had updated its information to the slightly more specific "Greenwich Village." So, alas, perhaps if I had known that earlier, I'd be posting a photo of myself and the lovely blond-wig-wearing actress.

But hey, I still have 8 months before the end of the year. Lets make this happen!

No comments: