Thursday, September 25, 2008

FINALLY AN UNCLE!!!!

So after MUCH anticipation, I'm finally a very proud uncle and godfather to my sister's first baby. And while my initial prediction was wrong -- that the baby would be born last week -- my second was spot on: It's a boy!

My sister was induced this morning, and the doctors expected her to give birth sometime around 4:00. I decided to go in for half a day, figuring I'd leave work around 1:00 or 2:00. Well, my dad calls me about noon telling me that the baby could come at any moment and that I should head to the hospital. Despite working about an hour a way, I somehow managed to get to the hospital in about 40 minutes. I arrived seconds after my brother-in-law came out and gave us the incredible news. Amazingly, my sister was only in labor for about 2 hours, and only had to "push" for about 30 minutes. Thank goodness, because she was VERY nervous about the whole labor process.

It was an absolute thrill seeing him for the first time, and holding him, and everything. He's so extremely well behaved, too! We were all there for about 6 hours, and we were passing him from person to person, and he never once cried. Even when he was in the nursery, he spent almost the entire time sleeping, while all of the other babies were crying their eyes out. Knock on wood, but I daresay my sister really lucked out on this baby.

Oh, and the coolest part of all? My sister works for CNBC, so they actually announced his birth on the air! Here's a screencapture:


Provided I find the time (it's going to be tight tomorrow), there is going to be a VERY special edition of Top Ten Cases. It's something different, and I've put a lot of effort into it, so if I can devote the appropriate time into it, I'll be sure to post it.

But to say the least, I'm in quite the good mood.

No comments: