Monday, August 31, 2009

[a case of the summer] - Pet Peeves


Still reeling a bit from a sleep deprived weekend, but here's your pet peeves:

1. Pedestrians who cross the street at a snail's pace. I know you have the right-of-way, but something can be said for being courteous to the drivers that are trying to make a turn during a short light.

2. Drivers who don't move out of the fast lane after two or three cars change lanes to pass them.

3. Tip jars. I hate the idea that you deserve a tip for doing your job, when it takes very little physical effort to begin with. I mean, if you work at Subway and your job is to make sandwiches, why do you expect a tip for making a sandwich?

4. For that matter, I hate when people make the argument "yeah, but they make most of their money off of tips." And that's my problem why, exactly? This person is not my employee, so why am I responsible for paying the majority of his salary? For the life of me, I don't know how business owners in the service industry managed to convince us that it makes more sense for the consumer to pay an ADDITIONAL percentage on top of what they're already paying for THEIR employee, instead of the owner paying THEIR employee a commission of the money that was made off of their services.


And number five comes to us from Frank:

5. Cops who think they're doing you a favor by giving you a "seatbelt ticket" or "rearview obstruction." Granted it's 0 points but it still makes your insurance go up. Like, a real favor would be letting me go with a warning.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: