Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Quik Bunny

For what it's worth, I kinda feel like I made the right choice with my right eye, and the wrong choice with my left one. We'll see, though.


Anyway, the other day at work, while I was having lunch with some co-workers, a NesQuik commercial came on. I remarked how, back in the day, I remember the Quik Bunny used to be different colors depending on which flavor he was advertising (brown for chocolate, pink for strawberry, and white for vanilla). Everybody looked at me with disagreement, claiming that he's only been brown.

I admitted that he's always brown now, no matter the flavor, but that he used to be different colors. I did a pretty intensive online search to prove my point, and it seems like I was 3/4 right. While he did undoubtedly change colors back in the day, unfortunately I couldn't find anything remotely modern. As in, yes, a pink bunny tried to get us to drink strawberry Quik, but he looked nothing like the familiar rabbit we see now.

The most recent photo I could find was this:


So, blog readers, I have two questions for you. First, does anybody else remember the alternate versions of the Quik Bunny? And, further, can anybody provide me with some proof that this happened since, say, the mid-eighties (photos, videos, etc)? Thanks!



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Nolly said...

Came across this post via Google (was looking for Quik vs. Nesquick imagery), and also found this article, with an image of the pink bunny: http://reason.com/blog/2009/12/21/drug-dealers-reportedly-dress

Unfortunately, the article isn't really about Quik, and I don't know how old the image is.