Friday, May 8, 2009

For those of you keeping score....

Hulk Hogan made a remark about potentially killing his wife which was taken out of context in order to sell magazines.

Chris Benoit actually murdered his wife and young son.

I'm a wrestling fan. And I spend a whole lot of time on the Internet. Yet, most of the time, I can't stand the supposed "Internet Wrestling Community" (or, in some circles, "IWC"). There are a lot of people that say that this community doesn't even exist -- and more times than not, they're perceived members.

These are the people who refuse to believe that Shawn Michaels is a changed man and that Hulk Hogan is the bottom of the barrel of humanity (why, exactly? Because he didn't let people pin his shoulders to the mat? Yeah, that makes him a bad person), yet they continuously make excuses for Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit can't possibly be a soul-less monster. Nope, it was the steroids! And it wasn't HIS fault he took steroids, it was the wrestling industry and Vince McMahon! Or it was the constant headshots. Nevermind the fact that he stupidly took unprotected chairshots to the head (which practically nobody else does -- and those that do protect themselves are never reprimanded) and senselessly used the flying headbutt as a non-finisher. And again, that wasn't his fault. It was the prejudices against "little men" that exist within the industry. And whose fault is it that he chose this profession to begin with? It baffles me how far people will go to defend his absolutely despicable actions.

Yet many of these same people don't hesitate to viciously attack Hulk Hogan (and others typically unpopular within this community) whenever the opportunity presents itself. Nick Hogan got into a car accident -- an absolute abnormality for teenagers, I'm sure -- making the Hogans an atrocious excuse for a family. And then Hulk made some pretty foolish and tasteless comments while trying to defend and reassure his son. I admit, that probably wasn't the wisest of moves. But hey, at least Nick's father didn't murder him when he was seven years old... And for what it's worth, Nick did his time instead of offing himself like a coward.

If people want to tear Hogan down because his family is falling apart, he's full of himself, and he's a compulsive liar, where's all the hate for Internet-darling Kurt Angle? Talk about a guy who is off his rocker... Does the ability to wrestle a good match make you a better person?

I will say this, though: I do detest Linda Hogan (and yes, I do know this is not their real last name). For that matter, the whole divorce system is completely F'd. Explain to me how Linda can say that SHE wants out of the marriage, and then Hulk has to pay for her lawyers? And how much money is she getting each month? Because she's "accustomed to a certain lifestyle." Yeah, honey, you experienced that lifestyle because you were married to a very rich man. You decide you want to leave the man, ya' gotta leave the lifestyle too. Can you imagine saying to your boss, "I'm no longer happy at this job. I'm going to leave. But this job allowed me to live in a lovely apartment in the city. So I'm going to leave, because I'm not happy, but you still have to pay me because I really like the type of life it lets me lead." Ridiculous.

What makes it worse is that one of their children is a legal adult, and the other one is 17, so I don't see this as a child support type agreement. The kids are now grown up, so there's nothing stopping Linda from getting a job and earning her own money. She wants to move to get away from Hulk, why should he have to finance that? Why can't she save up her money and do it herself? This really does drive me crazy.

So, to sum up, Hulk is better than Linda, who is better than Benoit. Have a nice day.

No comments: