Wednesday, September 28, 2011

LIVE Birthday Diary!

Yeah, it's a bit (a bit?) narcissistic and self indulgent, but today is my 30th birthday and I want YOU to know how I'm spending the day! So, throughout the day, I'll be updating this blog with an ongoing birthday diary -- with photos! Enjoy.

7:22 - After several unsuccessful attempts at a number of different functions, I FINALLY manage to get a nice shot of my two godchildren together! A great birthday gift, I'd say.

6:38 - Shockingly, I arrive at Charlie Browns close to 6:30. However, upon going inside, I discover from the hostess that the reservations are actually at 7:00. Evidently my mom took my advice about having no chance of getting there at 6:30, however she forgot to tell me about the change of plans. Nonetheless, this gives me an excuse to sit back at the bar and enjoy a couple of birthday Miller Lites. Could be worse.

5:30 - The workday comes to a close (trust me, it was busier than it looked!) Now I just have to rush back to Bergen County in hopes of making it in time for dinner with my family (6:30 reservations? Yikes!) Hey, maybe I'll even be home in time for Modern Family.


4:27 - Unfortunately, it isn't all celebration and fun (and diary updating) here, as I've spent the vast majority of my day going through files of a former employee so that somebody else can move into his office. Not so much the fun (although the CM Punk imitation is a plus)!

3:10 - Getting a MUCH needed burst (hopefully) of energy with some delicious pumpkin spice coffee. Also, through e-mails, text messages, and Facebook, I've heard from a bunch of people. Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes!


12:38 - Good read? Good! And with that in mind, it's now time for lunch. My work friends ordered one of my favorites -- Tito's Burritos. Big lunch crew today.


12:00 - As I prepare for lunch, I take a moment to visit my buddy's blog -- Tween at 28 -- where she discusses her adult perspective of Harriet the Spy. It's a fun read. Go visit the site, I'll wait.

9:30 - It was a hellacious ride into work, between A LOT of traffic (moreso than usual) and rain (boo). But when I did arrive, I found some very humorous decorations in my cubicle. There's an "Old-Timer Crossing" sign up front, and a "30" tiara inside. Plus a couple of throughtful cards. Thanks!



8:15 - Since blue is my favorite color, and today is my birthday, I decided to go with a blue theme for today's attire. Blue watch, blue bracelet, and blue pants. Unfortunately, my suspicions have also been confirmed: The live diary is making me late for work. :)
7:36 - Per usual, I had a bit of a tough time actually rolling out of bed. However, I do see that I received at least two birthday wishes (a voicemail and a message on Facebook). The first thing I'm doing, though, is putting on a new necklace. When my niece was born, I made a "Godfather necklace" which featured the initials of my two godchildren (my niece and nephew). I've been wearing it for the past month and it's pretty beat up. So this is the second version, which features the initials on a necklace with a cross and rose pendant. And now....shower time!

No comments: