Monday, June 25, 2012

LIVE Raw thoughts - June 25, 2012

11:03 - Get that pesky Jericho out of there so that we can focus on Big Show and John Cena!

10:46 - Love everything that's happening with AJ right now.  Love it.  Just love it.  And here we were all so incredibly angry (myself included) that they originally broke up AJ and Bryan.  This is one of the cases where they were able to do something greater than what we all fantasy booked.

10:39 - Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk at Money in the Bank?  Awesome.  Perhaps this is why Kane was seemingly removed from the AJ love story.....so that it can end with her picking between Punk and Bryan.  Also, that removes Bryan as a possibility in the World Heavyweight Championship MITB.  If it's the same stipulation -- and the same number of competitors -- I'm guessing Christian, Ziggler, Swagger, and hopefully Mysterio.  But with our luck, probably Khali.

10:35 - Well, that match was more fun than I expected.  However, that slapstick ending was a bit risky.  They made it work, in my opinion, but it was awfully close to being over the top.  The inconclusive ending, where the entire match was rendered useless, was a little strange, though.

10:21 - I gotta tell ya, Sycho Sid looks even a little scarier with age.

10:11 - So the WWE Championship Money in the Bank match is exclusive to only former WWE Champions.  I'd presume the same will be true of the World Heavyweight Championship one, as well.  Who does that leave?  Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Christian, The Great Khali, and if they're healthy, Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry?  There's plenty of talent in there to make for an interesting match.  But who's left to challenge for the championships?  I'm guessing Del Rio wins the title shot tonight, then.

10:10 - "What are you going to do.....suspend me?" Brilliant!

10:06 - I think John Cena joining the MITB ladder match is cool.  As is making Big Show a threat.  But making it seem like Cena is joining the match because Punk can't handle Show wasn't a great message to send.

10:00 - I can already tell this is going to be one of those John Cena promos that the web hates.

9:50 - I don't want either of these guys to hold the United States Championship.  And are they really bragging that this guy hasn't defended the title on Raw since mid-April?

9:33 - I don't mind the Big Show winning and I don't mind Brodus' undefeated streak coming to an end.  Unlike Ryback, Brodus Clay didn't need to be undefeated to have a gimmick.  The fans will still dig him anyway, and because of his size he'll be a threat whenever they choose to push him as such.  I do wish, however, the ending was a bit more decisive.  I feel like they think they were protecting Clay with the fluke-like finish....but why not allow Clay to kick out of the failed slam attempt, only to be hit with the WMD?

9:22 - Awesomely fun match that continued to build the intrigue behind the AJ storyline.  The announcers brought up the fact that everytime AJ comes out, it seems to cost Kane the match.  Is that deliberate?  And this time, it actually led to a Bryan victory.  Which is always welcome.  Really fun stuff.

9:10 - I normally LOVE elimination matches and find them to be far more interesting and dramatic than your typical single fall ones.  However, due to AJ's involvement, I feel like this is one match that would benefit from being single fall.

9:05 - I guess putting a commercial in the middle of your opening signature is one way to make some extra money.  Oh, and any Raw that begins with AJ is a winner in my book!

8:29 - It's Monday night, which means we've got some LIVE Raw thoughts!  After last week's devastating softball loss -- the first of our season -- my team easily got TWO wins tonight when the opposing team didn't have enough players and were forced to forfeit a double header.  It's not the most honorable victory, but we'll take it.  These two wins may even bring us back to first place!

Before getting to the pre-Raw discussion, I have a question.  As my ancestors are Italian, I tend to tan very well.  Even if I get burnt, after a day or two it fades into a really nice tan.  Well, this past Sunday I made my first beach day of the season.  And because I haven't had much extended exposure to the sun lately, I got a little redder than usual (I say "redder" and not "burnt" because it doesn't hurt, and there's no sign of peeling).  Anyway, while there isn't any evidence of peeling, my forehead has been leaking this translucent yellow liquid.  I did a little research and evidently this is called cell plasma.  Well, it's been discharging pretty nonstop pretty much all day and it's becoming a major nuisance.  Anyone have any ideas of how to make this stop?  It gets crusty and gross if I just let it flow (sorry for the disgusting visual) and I don't want to get constant stares and questions by wearing a band aid on my head (as I did today).  So any quick fixes, I'd appreciate.

Wow, that was disgusting.  So tonight's Raw is pushing Jericho's return and a big announcement from John Cena.  Do you think Jericho will return as a heel or face?  And who will he feud with?  My perspective?  The Punk/Bryan/Kane three way has been such a hit that they might as well do it on on the Smackdown side also.  Have Sheamus play the straight up face (like Punk), have Dolph (or, unfortunately, Alberto Del Rio) play the straight up heel (like Bryan), and have Jericho play the tweener depending on who he's interacting with (like Kane).  And what do you think Cena's "historic" announcement will be?  That he's simply re-entering the title picture?  That he's joining the Money in the Bank ladder match?  What do you think?

No comments: