Sunday, June 17, 2012

No Way Out Predictions

First and foremost, happy father's day to all of the fathers out there.  Enjoy the day!

Now, for some No Way Out predictions.  This is a surprisingly difficult card to predict, as a lot of the matches could go either way.  And the top matches have been surprisingly well developed.  I'm going to start from the bottom up.

Tuxedo Match:
Santino defeats Ricardo Rodriguez.  Why on earth is the US title being wasted on a match like this?  Please, please, please take the title off of Santino.  I think I'd rather see David Otunga as US Champion than Santino.  And that says something.

Divas Championship Match:
Beth Phoenix defeats Layla.  I can't get invested in babyface Layla.  It's like, oh, she's smiling now.  So I'm supposed to like her?  I just see more possibilities with Beth as Champion, especially since Eve hasn't been wrestling at all lately.  I could conceivably see Layla retaining IF AJ turns heel and helps Bryan win the WWE Championship.  Then I could see them giving her the Divas title, a la Triple H/Stephanie and Edge/Lita.

Intercontinental Championship Match:
Christian defeats Cody Rhodes.  I just don't see them taking the title off of Christian yet.  Following this feud, why not move Cody Rhodes into the World Heavyweight Title scene?

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Sheamus defeats Dolph Ziggler.  I don't expect Dolph to win and honestly he shouldn't in this specific scenario.  However, I do hope he gets protected and has a strong showing.  I would love for Ziggler to pull a Daniel Bryan here.  Basically have such a great showing that even after numerous losses, they're still trying to think of ways to keep him in the title picture.  Dolph has seemingly become their "go-to" guy when they need somebody to step up....hopefully he gets properly recognized for that.

WWE Championship Match:
Daniel Bryan defeats CM Punk and Kane to win the WWE Championship.  Yep, I'm just going to bite the bullet and make that prediction.  I honestly don't know what to expect.  I mean, A LOT of me thinks CM Punk will retain by pinning Kane, which will allow the Punk/Bryan story to continue (that's my other pick, if I get two).  But another part of me thinks they need to do something big in order to move the story forward.  And in my view, that big thing is having AJ turn on Punk and Kane and helping Bryan win the title.  They've just been focusing on her so much -- even more than the championship -- that I feel like she has to play a part.  But it would sadden me to see the Punk reign come to an end.

Big Show defeats John Cena.  I haven't a clue what will happen in this match, either.  I originally was going to go with Cena because he lost against Rock, got his ass kicked by Lesnar, and then lost to Big Johnny.  The dude has to get a solid victory somewhere in there (I know, I know, Super Cena).  But ultimately, McMahon straight out said he would fire Johnny if Show lost, whereas Johnny just threatened to fire Cena.  So, I figure Johnny's threat will be easier to get out of.  I figure Big Show wins under controversial means and McMahon stops Johnny from firing him on Monday.

It looks like it could be a pretty good show, actually.  I just hope that after this, they take a step back from the whole Cena/Ace story and they put the far more enjoyable WWE Championship story at the forefront.  Where it should be.

No comments: