Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Case of Beer - Dunk-A-Roos - [a case of the summer]


I have a wedding to attend this weekend (which, (a) should provide me with more than enough "Summer of Excitement" ammunition, and (b) is the primary reason why I'm so concerned about my severe red discoloration), and in honor of that event, I thought I'd discuss a drinking game that I was first introduced to at my friend's bachelor party.  So this week's A Case of Beer post is devoted to "Dunk-A-Roos."

Part keg-stand, part shotgunning, part apple bobbing....dunk-a-roos has it all!  First, you need one of those buckets/tubs that you tend to keep large quantities of soda and ice in.  Fill the tub with water.  The drinker grabs each side of the tub, while two others lift up his legs (like a keg-stand).  The drinker then dunks his head into the tub and holds it under water for as long as possible (no minimum or maximum, but the unofficial minimum seemed to be 10 seconds).  Once the person can no longer hold his breath, the leg holders gently set down his legs so he can stand.  Then another person hands the drinker a can of beer (with hole already punctured) and the drinker has to shot gun the full amount.


And here's the kicker:  Any amount of unfinished beer gets poured into the tub.  So you're forced to dunk your head into everybody else's shame.

Also, it goes without saying that this game is a wonderful way to spread illnesses.  Make sure everybody is healthy before playing.

No comments: