Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer of Excitement - Introduction - [a case of the summer]


Today is the official first day of summer, which means A Case of the Summer is now underway!  As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I'm bringing back this multi-month feature so that you've got something to check out during these somewhat dry months.  I might "cheat" a little and use this week as a detailed introduction of each feature.  And this one is the one I'm looking most forward to -- Summer of Excitement.

What is this exactly?  Well, I'm at an interesting point in my life.  I'm 30 and single, but a lot of my long time friends have either moved, gotten married, or are in committed relationships.  It takes a lot more effort to do something fun, and after a long week of work, sometimes I just don't have the motivation to make it happen. Yet at the end of the weekend when a new week begins, I can't help but look back and say, "What did I do?"  The Summer of Excitement is a concerted effort to make sure I do something exciting every single week of the summer.

Now, what defines "exciting"?  The criteria isn't anything outrageous or crazy.  Basically, it's just doing something that excites me.  Maybe it's something I've never done before or something I've always wanted to do.  Maybe it's something I find really enjoyable but haven't done in a while.  Maybe it's something that just seems adventurous.  Or scary.  Or different.  The point is that an effort was made to do something exciting (even if it's ultimately unsuccessful).

There are a few restrictions, though:  Since I'm going to be sharing everything that I've done, it can't be anything illegal (or significantly illegal).  And logistics like price and location will come into play (so climbing the Hollywood sign is out of the question).  But I'm definitely open to suggestions!

So like I said, I'm cheating a bit and using this week as an introduction.  But generally speaking, I'll probably post my report of what I've done on Sunday (since the excitement will be happening over the weekend, in all likelihood), but that may change based on circumstances.

I hope you enjoy this feature, and be sure to send me your suggestions!

No comments: