Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Trending Topics - Barbershop Window T-shirt Review - [a case of the summer]


In this week's far less agitated edition of Trending Topics, I'm going to review the first shirt I've ever ordered from the increasingly popular Barbershop Window website.  For those of you unfamiliar, Barbershop Window is (to paraphrase from their website) "laid back folks who enjoy life, and enjoy wrestling. In that order.  They started this company because they love wrestling and they love T-Shirts…..so why not combine the two?  Their goal is to create shirts that wrestling fans enjoy, would want to own, and wouldn't be embarrassed to wear to the bar." 

And truth be told, I already HAVE worn it in the bar, so they're advertising the truth, folks!  They sell two or three new shirts that are only on sale for a limited time (some are put back on sale in the overstock bin).  I decided to go with the #FACE t-shirt.




Why did I go with this shirt?  Well, there were a few reasons.  First and foremost, it was the least expensive shirt, at only $9.  You can't beat that price.  Along with that, Dolph Ziggler's #HEEL shirt, in my view, kinda kicked off this boom of witty t-shirts with obscure wrestling references.  This shirt, in and of itself, references that t-shirt while retaining some originality.  And the final reason?  Hey, why not celebrate the fact that I'm a good guy?

That's the backstory.....but how's the shirt?  It's pretty impressive, I must say.  It's not the super soft, slim fit type you'd get at Urban Outfitters, but it's comfortable and fits the body well (the tag says "anvil," although that company doesn't ring any bells).  Perhaps most impressive is the screening process.  The lettering in the "#FACE," for example, isn't raised or rough, and it reads great against the black t-shirt.  It's really a much nicer quality, in my experience, than you'd get at a customized t-shirt mall kiosk station.

If I had one complaint -- and that's a stronger word than I'd use -- it's the shipping process.  Now, let me make this perfectly clear:  they are completely upfront about the fact that it will take approximately 10-14 days for the item to be shipped.  This is totally understandable, as they're a small operation that works on a order-by-order basis.  However, I made my order on June 3rd, and didn't receive it until June 29th.  That's over three weeks.  I e-mailed them on June 15th and they (very promptly) responded to tell me that the shirt was on backorder and that they were hoping to send it out the week of the 25th (which was true).  This was totally understandable and it wouldn't discourage me from ordering from them again, but it would have been nice if they had e-mailed me (instead of the other way around) to let me know of the delay.

However, again, that wouldn't stop me from ordering from them again -- and I definitely recommend their t-shirts to my readers.  There are several on there I really like, actually.  Give 'em a shot!

Barbershop Window's website
Follow Barbershop Window on Twitter

1 comment:

david.etc said...

lucky. i ordered in August and i've sent them complaints thru paypal and countless emails asking for a refund and it's going to be Nov in a lil over a week. no shirts.