Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer of Excitement - Operation: Mascot Hunt - [a case of the summer]


I'm on vacation this week, hence this later-than-usual post (I also almost certainly won't be doing a LIVE Raw post, but if I do catch the show, I plan on sending occasional thoughts on Twitter).  Anyway, I JUST got my Internet set up (and my computer seems to be the only one that works), so I thought I'd post this ASAP and add the photos/graphics later.  Thanks for the patience!


So this past week, my office had our summer relaxation event at a Somerset Patriots game.  They're a minors baseball team in New Jersey.  Anyway, as many of you will remember from a few years ago, I always consider it a mission to get a photo with a team mascot.  Two years ago, the last time we went to a Patriots game, I snapped a photo with one.  But this team has two....so my mission was to ensure that I got a photo with both!

And actually, I had a bit of an inside track, as well.  One of my friends from college actually reports on the Patriots, so I gave him a heads up and wondered if he could arrange for both mascots to visit our suite.  He assured me that the mascots love him, so that shouldn't be a problem.  However, when game day came around, he learned that it's actually a camp day, and that the mascots tend to be pretty busy on those days.

Despite that minor obstacle, I'm glad to say that I succeeded!  Not only did I get a photo with both at once (which, unfortunately, is a little hard to make out since the sun was behind us), I also got great self shots with each one of them individually.  So, I'm glad to say it was mission accomplished!

Those photos will be added to my "Photos with Funny Items" album, so be sure to check it out when you get a chance:

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/acaseoftheblog/Photos%20with%20funny%20items/

UPDATED:  August 4, 2012 - Photos added!

No comments: