Friday, August 24, 2012

A Case of Beer - Shotgun Duel - [a case of the summer]


Believe it or not, this is the one game I've featured that I've never actually played!  And trust me, I really want to!

This was recommended to me by a former co-worker.  Basically, you and an opponent stand back to back and you each take 10 (or 5 or whatever appropriate number) paces forward.  At that point, both of you shotgun your beer.  Then, whoever finishes first turns around and throws his empty can at the other person.  If you miss, the opponent then has the opportunity to hit you.  I would assume that real duel rules apply here, where you're allowed to dodge the shot if you're able to.

For those of you unfamiliar with the awesomeness of shotgunning, here's how that works.  You take a key (or a pen or whatever sharp, pointed object) and you stab it into the side of your beer can (closer to the bottom).  You then use the tab to open the can, and then you begin chugging the beer through the punctured hole.  This, of course, has the potential to be rather messy and wet.  And every now and then you're doing it with a jerk (like me) who purposes punctures the can right in front of somebody, so that the beer sprays all over them.

I'm still determined to play this game at some point of my life.

No comments: