Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Case of the Mondays: TV Round Up!

A Case of the.... Heroes - Episode 3-17:



A Case of the.... 24 - Episode 7-10:


WWE Raw:
While I'm not against the Triple H/Randy Orton feud, I can't help but be bothered by two things: First, that they did take the lazy route by coming out and saying, "Yeah, we were married all along!" Why not just say that in the past two or three years (which would fit, since it's been about that long since the DX/McMahon feud), Triple H and Stephanie reconnected and quietly and privately got back together. That would also leave more than enough time to explain the two children. My other complaint is that you have the Royal Rumble winning squaring off against the WWE Champion, and the feud is centered around the McMahons. This is like Jericho/Triple H all over again. How long before we see Randy Orton punt Lucy the dog?

At first, I was a little reluctant to buy into this John Cena/Edge feud, only because it's something we've seen so many times before (even though they pull out great matches each time). That being said, I'm really into this feud. And having Vickie as the interim Raw General Manager gives them a logical explanation for why Edge, Triple H, and Cena are appearing on both shows. By the way, I absolutely love the fact that I was wrong about my initial prediction of Triple H officially moving back to Raw. In my eyes, having two interpromotional matches for two of the World titles is a much more interesting concept.

I hope they don't do something silly like Undertaker vs. Michaels vs. Kozlov at 'Mania. It should purely be a match between two legends in their home state of Texas.

Oh, and for the seventh year in a row, it appears that the Intercontinental Championship won't be defended at WrestleMania.

4 comments:

Kyle Litke said...

I'm not way into it or anything, but I think the difference between this and HHH/Jericho is that this feud is centered on HHH VS Orton, with the McMahons (and specifically Stephanie) being the catalyst that sets off the feud. HHH VS Jericho was a feud between HHH and Jericho's manager Stephanie McMahon, and Jericho was reduced to getting her coffee and walking her dog.

Matt Basilo said...

Admittedly, the two situations aren't entirely the same. I'm more irked by the fact that Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble, and he's clearly going to face the man who holds on the WWE Championship....and he's YET to mention his desire to win the title. I understand that for Triple H this is a personal vendetta. But for Orton, his eyes should be on the prize. Instead, he's going on and on about the McMahons.

Normally this would be fine, but then why not let somebody else win the Rumble? They barely even mention that he won the thing, so it's not as if it gave him added credibility.

Kyle Litke said...

That's true. And heck, Orton doesn't exactly seem eager to face HHH one on one right now. In storyline terms, what's to stop him from saying "Hey, you know what, I challenge Edge"? Has he officially decided on who he wants to face yet? I mean we all know it'll be HHH, I'm just curious, I only watch off and on.

Matt Basilo said...

No, he hasn't made an official decision yet. In fact, I was totally expecting him to come out during the Edge/Cena promo at the beginning of Raw last week (especially after Edge dropped his name), to point out that he can always challenge Edge for the title. This will bring out Triple H, and we essentially have the two main events in the ring together (come to think of it, a Rated RKO reunion to face Triple H and Cena sounds pretty cool -- hope they do that before Mania).