Thursday, June 18, 2009

[a case of the summer] - Special Summer Features


I have to admit that when the television season ended, I felt more than a little bit liberated. In an effort to make PrimeTimePulse THE site for television recaps and reviews, a concerted effort was made to have our columns posted the night of its original airing. I totally understood this mentality -- I actually found it quite frustrating when I would wrap up a column, only for it to not get posted until days later -- but despite living in the age of TiVo's and DVR's, I was feeling a lot of pressure to watch my shows "live," and as such I felt pretty burnt as May was coming to a close.

That's also why I made the decision that I'm taking the summer off, even though there are shows like True Blood and Monk that I plan to watch weekly. However, I do also recognize that my television reviews were likely the life blood of my blog. So in place of those reviews, I've come up with some special features that will kick off this Sunday (the official start of summer). Here's what to expect:

Sundays - "The Brief Case" - Many of you have likely noticed the image of a briefcase in many of the logos and graphics on this site. This was part of an attempted viral campaign to get people to visit the blog. For this weekly feature, I'll give the inside scoop on a different "briefcase" photo.

Mondays - "Pet Peeves (a more clever title is on its way!)" - Everybody has pet peeves, and each week I'll be posting five of mine. Of course, mundane annoyances like "traffic" or "rain during a picnic" are no fun, so I'm going for the more unusual pet peeves here. My hope is that some of you will e-mail me yours so that I can include them as one of the five on my list.

Wednesdays - "Video of the Week" - This feature speaks for itself -- anything from a memorable television scene to a fun wrestling promo to a classic cartoon to an anticipated movie trailer. The sky (aka Youtube) is the limit.

Fridays - "Top Ten Cases" - You already know what this blog exclusive is all about!

Now, granted, something may come up on a particular day and, as a result, I'll discuss that in place of one of the above items. So, basically, this is not etched in stone. But keep visiting and, as always, your comments are welcome!

No comments: