Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Revenge" receives vengeance!

With little else to do this weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and attempt to see the new Transformers movie. Sure, this film has been pushed as an epic event, but I was left really underwhelmed by the first installment. Like I've said countless times before, most people went to that movie to see kick ass giant robots, not the annoying kid from Even Stevens. In other words, I felt the first movie focused entirely too much on the human aspect.


In my opinion, Revenge delivered BIG TIME. Sure, the human characters still play a central role -- and really, that was unavoidable -- but I found their presence FAR less offensive (and let's be honest....you can do a lot worse than staring at Megan Fox). The Transformers were handled far better as well, as there were several scenes in which the robots interacted with each other one-on-one, without featuring any humans in the scene at all. Plus, there were some absolutely friggin' kick ass Optimus Prime fighting scenes. Honestly, the scene about halfway through the movie had me on the edge of my seat. Awesome stuff.

My main criticism of the movie, though, is that it's LONG. REALLY long. And unlike The Dark Knight, which began to wrap things up once it started feeling long.....Revenge just keeps going and going for about a half hour.

Nevertheless, I recommend this movie, even to people who were disappointed with the first film.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: