Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Hangover


So last night I was spontaneously given the opportunity to see The Hangover, and since it didn't look like much else was going on, I decided to go. As some of you may have gathered, I don't go to the movies as much as I'd sometimes like. And even though I'm a huge fan of comedies, I typically don't see them in theaters. So going to see this was a bit out of the ordinary. But being a big fan of The Office, and with Ed Helms (Andy Bernard) in it, it just seemed right.

My review? Basically, just to GO SEE IT. This was an absolutely hilarious film. I went with five other people, and our brand of humor ranges across the spectrum. Yet every single one of us were in stitches. In fact, one of the six us of had just seen it the night before, and was simply going again because he thought it was so funny. And I might have a second opportunity to see it tonight, and I'm tempted to take it.

My suggestion is to not blow this movie off as just stupid sophomoric humor. Much like its predecessor Old School, there's some heart and emotion behind the characters. All of the characters are flawed, but I wouldn't distinguish one as "the asshole" and other as "the nice guy." And hey, there's a fun little mystery going along with it (not to mention great cameos). This is definitely worth seeing.

No comments: