Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Case of the.... Smallville - Episode 9-8


Moving on. Every now and again Smallville reminds me that they are indeed on the CW. Example: Attempting to threaten somebody by telling them you’ll shut down their Twitter and Facebook accounts. I mean, really….

I have to admit, when I read that Smallville was going to introduce us to the Wonder Twins, I was skeptical. Really skeptical. But at the end of the day, it was handled pretty well. Actually, it went a long way in showing us how much Clark has grown over the past couple of seasons. In fact, portraying Clark as a mentor or idol to them was the absolute right decision. In many instances, classic DC heroes are brought onto the show, but they appear to be more powerful (or, at the very least, more powerfully mature) than Clark. And in a lot of ways, it actually emasculates the future Superman. I couldn’t help but shake my head when Clark met the Legion, and they’re flying around all over the place, almost mocking the Man of Steel because he’s still grounded. I was legitimately worried that Zan and Jayna would be presented as misguided, but ultimately more in-tune with their superhero selves than Clark. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case.

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2009/11/15/smallville-episode-9-8-review/







Bookmark and Share

No comments: