Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Case of the.... Smallville - Episode 9-9


I want to take this opportunity to once again thank everybody who has read and contributed their comments to my reviews. I’ve really enjoyed the interactions, and it actually makes me even more eager for this upcoming season of Lost. If the amount of feedback I’ve received from Smallville and Heroes is any indication, my Lost: Revisited columns are sure to get a lot of reader participation.

Anyway, as I indicated in my response to Mary’s comments regarding last week’s review, I deliberately glossed over the references to Lois’ visions of the future because, while undeniably important, I knew that this week’s episode would focus almost entirely on them. As such, I decided to take a “let’s sit back and see how this plays out” approach. And I’m glad I did, as it turned out to be a tremendous episode. Just a couple of weeks ago I proposed that “Kandor” could end up being the strongest episode of the season – the one that fans constantly refer to as the measuring stick throughout the rest of the season, and indeed seasons to come. Now I’m torn. In a lot of ways, I think “Pandora” may fit the bill.

“Kandor” was an undeniably significant episode, don’t get me wrong. It marked the first REAL sight of Krypton. It finally revealed the “why” and “how” regarding Zod and his army being on earth. It gave us the first physical interaction between Clark and his birth father. It was undoubtedly the episode that set the course for the rest of the season.

That being said, I can’t help but feel like “Pandora” was so emotionally charged that it brought the episode to a whole new level. Between the dire situation to the reunion between Clark and Lois to their sex scene to the tension between Clark and his former friends to the deaths, it was just an incredible episode.

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2009/11/23/smallville-episode-9-9-review/





Twitter Button from twitbuttons.comShare/Bookmark





No comments: