Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Case of the.... Lost - Episode 4-7

In place of a proper introduction, let me rant about something. Every Tuesday, my TV Guide comes in the mail. I love TV Guide (despite their overuse of the term/accusation "Jump the Shark"). But virtually every single edition, there's an article about Lost. One might assume that this would be icing on the case, due to my utter devotion to the series.

On the contrary, this drives me crazy. Reason being, pretty much every single article contains information that hasn't transpired yet. Either they warn you about this right off the bat, or you read about a page worth of interesting stuff only to be told to stop if you don't want to know what's going to happen in future episodes. Imagine getting really into a TV show or movie, and then being told that you have to stop halfway through. It's maddening.

What makes matters worse is that the magazine rarely discusses matters that have happened. Considering it's a weekly publication, the events of the previous Thursday's episode is hardly old news.

More times than not, I don't even bother reading any of the articles because I am so paranoid that I'm going to accidentally read a spoiler. It takes a lot of will power and hinders my enjoyment of the magazine in general.

Anyway, with that rant out of the way, enjoy the column:

http://primetimepulse.insidepulse.com/2008/03/18/a-case-of-the-lost-episode-4-7/

No comments: